CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER!
Read the text and answer question 1-3!
A planet is a body in space that revolves around a star. There are nine planets in our solar system, and these nine planets travel around the sun. The names of planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
Planets travel in orbits around the stars. All of the planets of the solar system revolve in elliptical orbits. In other words, their orbits are like large, flat circles. The time that it takes a planet to make one revolution around the sun is called a year.
Source : http//:en.wikipedia.org
1. What is the suitable title for this text?...
a. The Stars
b. The Orbits
c. The Greeks
d. The Planets
2. The planets in our solar system travel…
a. around the stars
b. around in the circles
c. in one movement
d. in elliptical orbits.
3. The text above intends to…
a. describes the way things are
b. tells the past experience
c. explain a natural process
d. present one’s point of view
Read the text and answer question 4-6!
THE VICTORIA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Enrolment starting now for January 2018
Interested parents are invited to our campus at Jl. Siwalankerto 26 Surabaya
From 8.00 am to 4.00 pm on weekdays
We provide students with:
- Small classes of 20 students
- Some teachers from Australia
For further informations please call
4. a. Country
5. Parents cannot come to school on :
6. Parents should come to school at
a. At six in the morning
b. At five in the evening
c. At nine in the morning
d. At night
7. It is a luxurious car. The price is Rp 200.000.000,- rupiahs
a. How an expensive car!
b. What expensive car it!
c. How expensive the car is!
d. What a car expensive it is!
8. The farmers cut the tree yesterday. The Passive form is ................
a. The farmers is cut by the tree yesterday
b. The tree is cut by the farmer yesterday
c. The farmer was cut the tree yesterday
d. The tree was cut by him yesterday
TOXIC WASTE INSIDE
What does the caution mean?
a. This place is not only for toxic
b. Toxic is not allowed to be wasted inside
c. The area is forbidden because of the toxic waste
d. This place is for wasting toxic
Read the text and answer question 10-12!
To : Azizah
Please, send a message to Ms. Linda at 7324002 if you want a challenging job. It is a full time job in the broadcasting department, arranging TV Program, supervising the viewer’s interest, $10,000 month. I have confirmed her this morning.
From : Your Dad
10. What is the synonym of “job” in the text above?
11. What kind of job is meant by Azizah’s father?
d. broadcasting manager
12. What should Irina do to contact Ms. Linda?
a. Text her
b. Email her
c. Call her
d. Fax her
Read the text and answer question 13-15!
Hi friend, here I invite you to come to my 14th birthday party,
Date : Sunday , 21 January 2018
Time : 6.00 p.m
Place : LA TAHZAN Restaurant
Jl. Kembangbahu 10 Lamongan
Please come! Without you the party will be different.
13. In what year was Imam born?
14. Wulan hopes that Imam…
a. Brings present
b. Wears a new dress
c. Attends the party
d. sings and dances
15. When will the party held?
a. In the night
b. In the evening
c. In the afternoon
d. In the morning
Read the text and answer question 16-18!
16. You want to arrive in Semarang in the morning. What time do you have to leave Jakarta?
a. 1.00 pm
b. 6.10 am
c. 9.45 am
d. 7.00 am
17. What time is the last fight from Jakarta to Semarang?
a. 9.45 am
b. 1.00 pm
c. 4.25 pm
d. 6.00 pm
18. You depart from Jakarta at 9.45 am. What time you will arrive in Bali?
a. 9.50 pm
b. 9.45 am
c. 1.30 pm
d. 8.00 pm
Read the text and answer question 19-21!
Brushing your teeth
How to brush your teeth properly
You will need
- A soft toothbrush
What to do :
1. Firstly, squeeze some toothpaste onto the brush.
2. Then, add a little water.
3. Next, gently brush each side of every tooth
4. Gently brush gums as well
5. Finally, rinse your mouth with water.
Brush your teeth after you eat and before you go to bed.
19. To brush your teeth you need… except:
20. What do you do before add a little water?
a. gently brush gums as well
b. squeeze some toothpaste onto the brush
c. rinse your mouth with water
d. gently brush each side of every tooth
21. How many steps are there to brush your teeth?
Read the text and answer question 22-23!
Little Daniel is turning four
And he wants to celebrate it with you
Saturday, January 27
Telaga Bandung Lamongan
Because we’ll save the town
22. What is the invitation about?
a. To join a play
b. To wear superhero costume
c. To see Daniel’s wedding
d. To celebrate Daniel’s birhtday
23. According to the text, we can conclude that:
a. Daniel has a superman costume
b. The invite should wear a red dress
c. Daniel is a toddler
d. Daniel own a telaga bandung
Read the text and answer question no 24-26
Speed Shuttle Serve
Enjoy an affordable shuttle from Serpong to Soekarno Hatta Airport with only Rp 50.000
Pick up point
Jl Raya Serpong no 100
Depart every 30 minutes
from 04.00 am to 11.00 pm
Bring your student card and enjoyed 10% discount
For more info, visit our website: speedshuttle.co.id
24. What was the text about?
a. Shuttle to airport
b. Train schedule
c. Pick up point
d. Soekarno Hatta Airport
25. Which statement is TRUE according to the text?
a. The shuttle departs from Depok
b. It departs every one hour
c. The students are only charged Rp 45.000
d. You can book the seat via telephone
26. If a teacher go with his two students, how much they should pay?
a. Rp. 150.000,-
b. Rp. 100.000,-
c. Rp. 95.000,-
d. Rp. 140.000,-
Read the text and answer question 27-30!
Do you like making snack by yourself? What kind of snack do you like? Well, do you like making jelly snack? If you do, you may choose one kind of it, Nutjell.
How do you make it? Now, follow these instructions:
Prepare a sachet of Nutjell powder, a pan, three and half glasses of water, five spoonfuls of sugar depending on your taste, and some jelly moulds.
First, mix jelly powder well with five spoonfuls of sugar. After that, pour the mixture into seven hundred ml of water, stir till dissolved and boil. Then pour the solution into the jelly moulds. Wait a few minutes until cool. The jelly snack is ready.
27. Why did the writer write the passage?
a. To entertain the readers.
b. To show how to make Nutjell.
c. To describe what the Nutjell is.
d. To inform the readers about what happened.
28. To make Nutjell we need the materials such as…
a. Nutjell powder, water, sugar
b. Nutjell powder, water, sugar, stove
c. Nutjell powder, water, sugar, pan
d. Nutjell powder, water, sugar, pan, moulds.
29. Which one belongs to the third step of making Nutjell?
a. Prepare a sachet of Nutjell powder
b. Pour the solution into the the jelly moulds
c. Mix well jelly powder with five spoonful of sugar
d. Pour the mixture into seven hundred ml of water
30. The word… in the text above means “stir”.
31. Lily : What do you think about Intan? Is she coming tonight?
Wita : I don’t think she will come.
From the dialogue above, we know that…
a. Wita feels sure that Intan will come
b. Wita feels uncertain that Intan will come
c. Wita doesn’t like Intan
d. Wita tries to think about Intan
32. Putra : Are you sure that she will come to my party tonight?
Zainul : I’m sure about that.
The italic sentence is used to express…
33. Mr. Agus: Can Tia operate a computer?
Dimas : Maybe she can, but … I have never seen her operate it.
a. I’m afraid she can
b. I’m surprised to know that
c. I doubt it
d. I’m sure about it
34. Frizky : Hello, can I speak to Hilda?
Hilda : Sorry, I can’t hear you. The signal is low.
The italicized sentence shows..
35. The following expressions are used to ask for repetition, except…
a. Excuse me?
c. Pardon me?
36. Shazia : ………………
Shilvia : First, open the document, then click ‘file’ and ‘print’
a. Do you know what I mean?
b. I don’t know how to print a document.
c. Do you know how to print a document?
d. Are you with me so far?
THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED
NO PHOTOGRAPHS OR VIDEOTAPING ARE ALLOWED
What does the text mean?
a. The audience is not allowed to see performance
b. The audience is allowed to record the performance freely
c. The performance is not having an exclusive right
d. The audience is prohibited to record the performance
Read the text and answer question 38-39!
The picture is about…
a. Instruction to register at office
b. Warning to register at office
c. Visiting the office
d. Entering the office
39. Where do you usually see the sign?
a. In the zoo
b. On the beach
c. In a seminar
d. In the movie
Read the text and answer question 40-43!
We’ve just moved to our new house
and We would like to invite you
to have a barbeque party
Tomorrow at 3 p.m in 23 Birch Street
We wish your coming
There will be our friends and family too.
Sahara & Kevin
Who give the invitation?
b. Sahara and Kevin family
c. Alifa’s friends
d. Kevin and Sahara
41. In the invitation above, the writer invites Alifa to…
a. Have a barbeque party
b. Move to a new house
c. Visit the writer’s house
d. Gather with friends and family
42. Sahara and Kevin will move to …
a. A new school
b. A new house
c. A new party
d. A new city
43. What kind of text did you just read?
a. An invitation
b. A notice
c. An announcement
d. A recount
Read the text and answer question 44-46!
Mommy is going to the supermarket
Your lunch is on the table
I’ll be back before 4.00 pm
44. What is the above passage?
d. Shopping list
45. Who is the writer of the above passage?
a. A mother
b. The children
c. The child
46. What is the purpose of this note?
a. To amuse the readers
b. To describe particular things
c. To inform the readers
d. To tell past events
Read the text and answer question 47-48!
Eggs are a rich source of protein and vitamins and are generally healthy to eat, unless you have a high cholesterol level. You can eat eggs raw, boiled or cooked in a pan as scrambled eggs or an omelet. Boiling eggs is one of the easiest ways to prepare them. Folllows the steps.
First of all, place the raw egg in a saucepan.
Second, run cold water into saucepan until the water is 1 inch above the egg.
After that, place the saucepan on a stove and cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil.
The next, don’t forget to reduce the heat to low
Then, simmer for 2 to 3 minutes for soft-boiled eggs or 10 to 15 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
Finally, remove the egg with a spoon or ladle and let it cool slowly, or run cold water over it to cool it more quickly.
47. What is going to do in the text above?
a. How to boil an egg
b. How to boil water
c. How to reduce the cholesterol level
d. How to scrambled egg.
48. What is the writer intention in writing the text above?
a. To tell the reader the process of boiling egg
b. To describe the reader the boil egg.
c. To tell the reader the instruction of boiling egg
d. To explain the reader the process of boiling egg
49. How many minute do we need to boil a soft egg?
a. 2 minutes and half
b. 2-3 minutes
c. 10-15 minutes
d. 60 minutes
50. What materials needed in boiling egg?
a. Egg, water, spoonful, saucepan
b. Water, pan, scrambled egg.
c. Water, egg, stove, saucepan, spoon/ladle
d. Spoonful, water, saucepan.